Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Office Hours Are Now Closed

This was one of my favorite days of the end of the year, by far. My best friend, her daughter and husband came by my little apartment to visit me while they were in the area for a couple hours or so. On a Sunday. Thinking this is a long shot, I threw out the idea to have the new little family stay the night, (offering them my bedroom, while I would sleep on the couchbed.) I must have forgot who I was asking. Michelle is up for anything spontaneous. So the rest of the night was consumed with drinking wine and beer, and catching up. Kevin was a good sport that night, being a part of the night but leaving the girl talk to the girls.
The next morning, we woke up kind of late (it was already decided that they would head home early in the morning).
But I think we were all thinking the same thing.
'Work?' pssht!
We all had work to do yet all independent contractors.
So we made a grown up decision (like Michelle and I would do rather often 10 years ago), and skipped out on grown up responsibilities for the day.
Lucky for us, it was also one of the warmest days in November.
So, we grabbed breakfast and coffee, walked around Lake Merritt, then decided to grab lunch in San Francisco. Somewhere new, but first thing first - we had to get lost driving in San Francisco. It just wouldn't be the same otherwise.

We ate at this little hole in the wall Thai restaurant. I couldn't even tell you the name or where it was. Needless to say that hole in the walls are the best places to eat. We drank some beers, then headed to the beach near the Golden Gate Bridge. It was really fun, cause it was baby Kaiya's first time putting her feet in the sand. And since I'm totally head over heels in love with Kaiya, she was my focus for most of my photos that day.

This day was good for my soul.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This should be something; a postcard, a cover of a book or magazine. Vivid, emotional, organic.