Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

San Francisco - Yerba Buena

Because I have a bunch of older photos that I need to post, I really didn't know what to post first. So I am starting with a few images I took back in early 2007 at Yerba Buena island just off the Bay Bridge. I remember that day, because I got to leave work early (and I never did). I decided to run home and grab my camera and head out to the island to see what kind of shots I could capture. I wasn't the only photographer out that day. Yerba Buena is a great place to get some wonderful 'backdrop' photographs of San Francisco from across the Bay. It was really cold out that day, but of course, nonetheless, I waited for the sun to set to get some, well....sunset shots. I was pretty pleased with how a few of my photos turned out. So here they are....

This photo was kind of hard to take. My fingers were so cold I felt that I could hardly press the button down. Thank goodness it was on a tripod, cause I don't think I could have held the camera.



I know that the last particular photo is not very 'strong' or may even be called a crappy photo, but something about this one I really like. In fact I have it matted in a cool frame in my bedroom. In case it's not evident, it's the top of sailboats that is shown in the photo above.

No comments: