Blog Archive

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Anti-War Peace Rally in SF 2007

See...I told you that I would bring back some old photographs. This next set of images are ones that I took at an anti-war peace rally last March 2007. It started from Embarcadero, and we walked down to Civic Center park where there was a huge festival going on afterwards, with food, speakers, performers, vendors, the whole nine!
That day was really cool for me. I got up fairly early and headed off to Bart with only my camera, and a few bucks. Since I was trekking it by myself, it was nice and easy to weave my way through the crowd. I have been to a couple anti war peace rallies, and this by far was the largest I have ever seen, it actually gave me goosebumps, and tears (of joy, of course!) seeing so many people come together, literally one-by-one to form a sea of people. I was climbing on top of trash cans, and steel frames outside of tall buildings ( I think used for earthquake retrofitting?) and I'm afraid of heights!! Then ended up with the crowd at Civic Center and I did some speaker listening, people watching, hot dog buying, and just hung out on the lawn for some alone time.
So! Getting to my photos, but finishing my story first: I uploaded hundreds of photos on an old laptop I was using last year, then I uploaded most of them to kodakgallery. Since then, the laptop failed me and died. completely. And back then I didn't back up my photos like I do now, so I pulled these off my site, hopefully the quality is okay. Since I'm missing a bunch of photographs, I am posting my favorites (that I have left) from this day. Looking at the images, it was awesome reminiscing about that day. There were so many bright colored homemade signs, and there were some genius creations, but I decided that it wasn't about the colors or even how 'bright' the day was. To me, it was more the reason we were all gathered together that day; the message we were trying to get across....to bring our troops home and end this war.
So I am posting all my photos in black and white. I thought it made a bolder statement.













except for this one. I like this one in color.

No comments: